What can you do to help your partner with PE?

If your partner finds it hard to control ejaculation – either before, or shortly after penetration – there are ways to treat it. By being there and helping him through it, you can work together restore the sexual satisfaction that’s currently missing.

Determine if your partner suffers from PE

Take our quick Partner Questionnaire to help you determine whether or not your partner is affected by premature ejaculation.

Take the PE test

Have an open and frank chat with him

The most important thing that you can do is to speak openly with your partner. Remind him that premature ejaculation is a fairly common issue that can affect your sex life, and you would like to help him do something about it.

Tell him that he’s not alone – that up to 1 in 3 men suffer from it – and it’s just as common for men in their 50s, 30s and 20s.

Suggest that he see a doctor and talk to him about treatment options.


Have him visit a doctor

Encourage your partner to see a doctor and ask about possible treatments for premature ejaculation. Remind him that doctors deal with sexual health questions all the time and that it’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

You may want to go with your partner – or he may feel more comfortable going on his own.

Before the visit, talk about the symptoms, when they happen, and how it’s affecting you both. You could also encourage him to bring along a few notes to take to the appointment.

Take the PE test to help determine if your partner is affected by premature ejaculation. After the test, you can sit down and share your concerns with him.

Determine if your partner suffers from PE.

Premature ejaculation is a defined medical condition according to the International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM), so the best person to talk to is your doctor.

Take the PE test Talking to your doctor